Youth Employment Permit Directions
Hard-copy, Youth Work Permits are no longer available. All applications must be completed on-line.
To complete the form:
- Go to:http://www.nclabor.com/
- Select Youth Work Permit from the “Quick Links” section on the right side of the page.
- Follow the directions given for form completion.
Remember - DO NOT COMPLETE THIS FORM UNTIL YOU HAVE A FIRM JOB OFFER.
- Pop-up blockers must be TURNED OFF.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher is REQUIRED to display and print the YEC.
- If needed, there is a link to download the Adobe program.
- Youth working for their parents MUST get a YEC before they start to work.
- This process works best when completed at the employer’s location to ensure accuracy of job descriptions, ABC permit requirements, and employer mailing address.
- Once the application has been completed and approved, it still requires a parent and youth signature.
- Completed and signed certificates must be given to the employer on or before the first day of work.
- The employer must verify the youth’s age, proposed job duties and any restrictions noted on the certificate.
- The certificate must be maintained by the employer for two years after employment ends or until age 20, as appropriate.
- Use the contact information provided on the website for questions.