- General Scholarships
- CFNC General Scholarships
- Local Scholarship Packet
- College Specific Scholarships
- Scholarship Resources
General Scholarships will be posted as we receive them. These are scholarships that are not included in the Local Scholarship Packet.
Going Merry- Online Scholarship Resource
SECU Foundation People Helping People 2019 Scholarship, Deadline March 1, 2019
Please follow the directions carefully. You will need to complete the application form in a Word document and email it to Ms. Yelle, in addition to submitting a printed packet. Turn completed applications in to Mrs. Yelle by 3 pm on March 1st.
Dare County Baseball Scholarship, Deadline March 1
Established by the Dare County Baseball Board of Directors to reward students who have played for Dare County Parks and Recreation Baseball and have continued to pursue exemplary academics throughout high school.
Applications submitted by March 1, 2019 3:00 PM to the GUIDANCE office at Manteo High School
Scholarship recipient will be announced and recognized on Opening Day at MHS March 23, 2019.
Recipient will be notified in advance.
Bill of Rights Institute We the Student Essay Contest, Deadline February 14
What are the essential qualities of a citizen in your community in 21st century America?
This year we are asking you to dig deep and make your scholarship essay personal. A citizen comes in many shapes and sizes. Some serve their community by voting and participating in political events. Others serve through entrepreneurship or philanthropy. We want to know what you think makes a good citizen in your community. We encourage you to bring emotion, creativity, specific examples (including current events), and well-researched facts into what you write. A good essay will demonstrate how citizenship is not an abstract idea, but is, in fact, action inspired by constitutional principles. We can’t wait to see what citizenship looks like in your community!
Making Positive Changes—2019 Scholarship Essay Contest, Deadline April 1, 2019
The attorneys at Younce, Vtipil & Baznik P.A. are dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of the people we represent and in the North Carolina communities we serve. In keeping with that commitment, we are pleased to announce our 2019 scholarship contest to help some deserving students in North Carolina with college education expenses.
Our law firm recognizes the importance of attaining a college education to pursuing a fulfilling career in the 21st century. We are pleased to assist. The winners will receive a total of $1,500 in scholarships.
Cohen & Jaffe, LLP College Scholarship, Deadline April 5th, 2019
The Law Office of Cohen & Jaffe, LLP Scholarship Program is designed to help high school students (upon graduation from high school) or college students who are interested in attending an institution of higher education. We value education as a vital foundation for creating fulfilling, advantageous careers. We are proud and excited to help students achieve their goals of furthering their education.
Florence Kidder Memorial Scholarship, Deadline Feb. 3rd
he Florence Kidder Memorial Scholarship (FKMS) honors the memory of the first president of the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of North Carolina, Florence Hill Kidder.
- Two scholarships will be awarded in one year: First place – $3,000 and Runner-up – $1,000.
- Scholarships are not renewable.
- Awarded to a high school senior who plans to attend a post-secondary institution in North Carolina.
National Center for Homeless Education (NCHE) | http://nche.ed.gov
- NCHE scholarship webpage: https://nche.ed.gov/ibt/schola
rships.php (includes links to specific scholarships, reputable scholarship search engines, and information on financial support for college for undocumented students)
- SchoolHouse Connection Youth Leadership and Scholarship Program (*specifically for homeless or formerly homeless youth*):http://www.schoolhouseconnecti
- Horatio Alger Association: https://scholars.horatioalger.
- State financial aid and scholarship opportunities: http://www.nasfaa.org/State_Fi
- Scholarships for foster youth: http://www.fc2success.org/prog
Scholarships for Skilled Trade Studies
- Nextar Legacy Foundation Trades Scholarship Listing:https://nexstarscholars.commun
- HomeAdvisor 2017 Skilled Labor Shortage Scholarship:https://nexstarscholars.commun
- The Refrigeration School Scholarship Page: https://www.refrigerationschoo
- National Housing Endowment Student Scholarships Page (residential construction): http://www.nationalhousingendo
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Scholarships: https://www.ashrae.org/members
hip--conferences/student-zone/ scholarships-and-grants/underg raduate-engineering-scholarshi ps
The North Carolina Hispanic College Fund awards annual scholarships worth between $500 and $2,500. Scholarship recipients are seniors and recent graduates of North Carolina high schools who are of Hispanic/Latino background. Recipients of a NCHCF scholarship must enroll in a degree program at a community college or a 2 or 4 year college/university and demonstrate commitment to public service and community development.
Application Deadline January 15, 2019
$1000 non-academic scholarship. Visit website for more details.
Application Deadline May 24, 2019
Lenoir Rhyne University
NC Teaching Fellows
Participating Schools: Elon University, Meredith College, NC State, UNC Chapel Hill & UNC Charlotte
North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority
NCSEAA Grant Information (multiple grants for multiple schools)