Driver's Education 2022-2023
The North Carolina Driving School is not offering classes at this time. As soon as we have new class dates and times we will update this site. All classes offered are virtual.
- To be eligible, students must be 14 1/2 years of age by the first day of class.
- To register: A parent/guardian must come to the front office and register their student. Payment is due at registration. The cost is $65.00 payable by cash or check.
- Students must attend every class and be present on camera each day for the entire session. Please make sure this session works with your students schedule (work, sports, theater, band, etc.)
- A zoom invitation will be sent to your student's school email prior to the start of class by the teacher, Jackie Scruggs. Please check your spam/junk if you do not see an invitaion. If you do not receive an invitation please call Jackie Scruggs at 252-548-2221 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The North Carolina Driving School is responsible for scheduling the behind the wheel portion of the course. If you have any questions about either portion of Driver's Education, please contact Jackie Scruggs at 252-548-2221 or email her at email@example.com.
Classroom instruction will be a minimum of 30 hours. All scheduled classes must be attended. No tardiness or early dismissals will be allowed. To pass the classroom portion, students must score 70% or higher on the exit exam and have attended ALL scheduled classes. Failure to pass the classroom portion prohibits the student from receiving behind-the-wheel instruction.
Instructors have the right to dismiss a student from class on any day of the classroom instruction. Adult behavior is required. Students who cannot follow directions in class will not be able to follow directions in the car. Students that are dismissed from the driver education class due to behavior or attendance issues will not be eligible to re-enroll until the following school year.
NC Driving School Summer 2022-2023 Virtual Driver's Education Dates: